Choosing the Right Heating System for Your Home
When you contact First Call Heating & Cooling, an expert PGE-approved heating contractor with years of industry experience will be available to assist you. First Call stands behind our new equipment installations with our Lifetime Workmanship Warranty and Satisfaction Guarantee.
A knowledgeable technician will help you navigate the options and choose the right heating system for your family.
If you are considering converting from oil to gas or electric, we can discuss the various benefits.
Available Heating Options
Some of the heating options available include:
- Gas furnaces – the clean choice, improved energy efficiency with versatility.
- Oil furnaces – converts oil to heat – fine droplets of oil burn efficiently while the air flows through a filter to minimize impurities.
- Heat Pumps – give you two-for-one; reliable heating and cooling, virtually two machines in one sleek efficient unit. In addition to all-electric systems, there is also a gas/electric hybrid version featuring a dual fuel option called EarthWise™ Hybrid which is more eco-minded.
- Ductless heat pumps – provide better zone control, ideal for homes without existing ducts, perfect high-efficiency replacement for baseboard heat.
Understanding the Options for Cooling Your Home
Selecting an air conditioning system that is ideal for your Portland/Vancouver area home is an important investment in your comfort and your home’s overall value. A cooling system also plays a key role in keeping your home’s energy expenses under control as well as keeping your family comfortable during the hot summer months.
When choosing a cooling system, keep the following things in mind:
- Choose a unit that is the right size – a good contractor will be able to measure your home and determine the optimal size required to cool your home.
- Choose an energy-efficient unit – today’s air conditioner manufacturers are required to evaluate their equipment’s energy efficiency and provide energy ratings.
- Choose the right contractor – when it comes to HVAC contractors, choose one who is knowledgeable, experienced and has a good record for customer service.
- Install a programmable thermostat for your cooling system to ensure the temperature remains comfortable when you are home and adjusting the temperature when you are away, thus saving money over the long term.
First Call Heating & Cooling is a PGE-approved contractor offering the best heating and cooling systems in the Portland and Vancouver area. Our certified technicians understand that energy efficiency is important – especially in these times of rising utility bills. We will work with you to identify the right cooling system for your family. Our team has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau!