Ensure a High Level of Home Safety with the Nest Protect
According to the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL), over 10,000 people are poisoned by carbon monoxide each year. Those who require more oxygen, such as unborn babies, children, senior citizens, and people with respiratory problems are at greater risk for carbon monoxide poisoning. You can’t see, taste or smell carbon monoxide, which is why it is crucial to have a carbon monoxide detector installed in your home. Let a Nest Protect Pro Installer help.
When inhaled, the deadly gas replaces the oxygen levels and quickly enters the blood stream, resulting in flu-like symptoms, including headaches, fatigue, nausea, dizziness, confusion, and irritability. Severe cases can cause vomiting, loss of consciousness, brain damage or death.
The Importance of Smart Home Technology – Expect More from Your Nest Protect
Today’s smoke and carbon monoxide alarms are designed with smart technology to provide home and business owners with added protection in the event of an emergency. The Nest Protect, a highly-advanced system built with the most precise type of carbon monoxide sensor, can quickly detect fast-burning and smoldering fires, and carbon monoxide. Other innovative features include:
- The ability to tell you exactly where the danger is through human voice commands.
- Alerts are sent to your smartphone or tablet if you are not home, ensuring you and your family are fully protected in the event of a fire.
- The user-friendly design allows for convenient, remote monitoring and control. Simply log into the app on your smartphone or tablet, keep tabs on your home and secure it with the push of a button.
- The Nest Protect checks its batteries and sensors over 400 times a day, and uses a Sound Check feature to quietly test its speaker and horn on a monthly basis. If the batteries are running low, it will tell you by sending a message to your phone.
- Run a safety check and receive a full report once the test is complete, to ensure your system is fully-operational.
- The Nest Protect lights up as you walk underneath it to help you get to where you need to go.
- With the Steam Check feature, the system uses custom algorithms and a humidity sensor to look for steam, so you can enjoy a quiet and soothing shower without worrying about your alarm sounding.
- Nest products are compatible with other smart products in the home, including your Nest Thermostat, lights, locks and more.
Get Quick and Effective Nest Protect Installation Services from the Pros
If it’s time to upgrade your smoke and carbon monoxide alarm, trust a professional to get the job done accurately and safely. A skilled and certified technician is up-to-date on all codes and regulations and can ensure your system is operating correctly to help protect you and your family from the unexpected. First Call Heating & Cooling specializes in the installation of home smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, including the Nest Protect. Once installed all you need to do is connect to the internet, installation does not include connecting and configuring WIFI. We are licensed, bonded, insured and BBB Accredited with an A+ rating. Servicing the greater Portland Metropolitan area
Have questions about your Nest Protect? The team at First Call Heating & Cooling is happy to help. Call us today at 360-693-3311 to schedule your free estimate appointment on your next heating and cooling system or contact us online with your questions and we will get back to you soon.